Saturday sailing, 12 September
The next in our series of informal Saturday sailing days is set for 12 September, starting at 12.30. Come along and keep Steve company … If you can get there early, even better, as there is grass to be cut and a jetty to be repaired. Oh – and don’t forget regular Sunday sailing the next day!
Annual Regatta, Sunday 20 September
This year we are hosting the Annual Regatta, and inviting our friends from Yorkshire Ouse Sailing Club to come and join us. If you’ve taken part in a YRISC/YOSC Regatta before, you know what to expect. If you haven’t, you really need to be there – to experience a larger fleet than usual, exciting close racing, slick and efficient race management, fun on and off the water. And cake.
- Briefing at 11.00, first race at 11.30. Get there in good time.
- We need a good turnout, so please come along!
- Let us know in advance if possible: email@example.com.
- Barbecue after the racing. BBQ food will be provided, but please bring cake.
- The Regatta will be a great social occasion, as well as a sailing day, so please bring the family.
- And cake.
Does anyone fancy organising the barbecue at the regatta? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Let us now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bart’s Bash, Sunday 20 September
The morning race on Regatta day will double up as our contribution to Bart’s Bash – the second running of the largest sailing event in the world. Further details of the global event here: http://www.bartsbash.com.
- Please, if possible, help us to record the results by registering in advance on the Bart’s Bash website: http://my.bartsbash.com/registration
- We will be raising money for Bart’s Bash by asking for small cash contributions in exchange for cake.
- So please bring cake.
New-look sailing calendar for 2016?
Your committee is discussing various ideas for changes to the programme for next year. A less complicated schedule? More focus on GP14 fleet racing? Greater encouragement for other classes? Get the children involved? More emphasis on casual sailing? Barbecues after sailing? More cake? Expect to see some proposals soon – but in the meantime, please let us have your thoughts: email@example.com.
Coming soon … Date and venue to be confirmed … Watch this space for further details …